Ekaterina is a designer specialized in art direction and design of brand identity, editorial, and digital. Originally born in Russia, and raised in Bulgaria, she now lives and works in New York.
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
While working as a freelancer and companies employee Ekaterina had the pleasure to create and design for companies such as Wells Fargo, Nestlé, TrueCar, Industry City, Nature’s Beauty, Mahindra, and more. She is privileged to work within many industries, but she never found a strength to decline a fashion/beauty and editorial project.
Ekaterina studied music (performing arts) while always having this crazy idea to evolve into a fantastic fashion designer. She took her BA as a pianist and she got a college Fashion Design degree at the same time. However, her professional path led her to Graphic Design and to her MA from the National Academy of Arts.
Fifteen intensive years and lot of projects later, Ekaterina is now a designer and hobby-time costume and fashion designer.
Kat’s 5 facts and 1 belief:
1) Kat is an avid reader, though she is self-admittedly not the best writer.
2) She never quite mastered the art of bragging about herself- but she's working on it!
3) She speaks three languages: English, Russian and Bulgarian.
4) She's obsessed with the fascinatingly diverse architecture of New York City.
5) She dislikes formal contests, but loves some healthy competition.
She believes that there are no rules (in design) as far as the design is convincing.
/ The Big Grill Festival Logo
/ Annual Edition Publication
INDIGO DESIGN AWARDS
/ Royal Imports Identity
/ The Murder That Never Was Book Cover